I'm a 21 year old male, around 5'7 and around 250 pounds. I've had asthma since I was born. I've been noticing a strange pain and tingling in my right arm and shoulder. Sometimes when I'm active, it's mainly gone. But when I'm sitting in a certain position (especially in front of the computer, which I do almost everyday), it comes back. Maybe it's carpal tunnel syndrome, stress, or even a sign of a heart attack (even though pain in the LEFT arm is a sign of a heart attack)?

Also, I've noticed a slight pain in different areas of my chest/heart. It will last for a few seconds then go away for a little while. Sometimes, when I burp (which I do a lot), most of the pain goes away. I had a blood test less than 2 years ago and my results showed nothing serious. Next time I get a blood test (which will be soon), I'll check my cholesterol levels.

Also, if I don't have a drink of water before I go to bed, I can wake up with a headache even with some decent hours of sleep. Not sure if it's because of me being dehydrated easily or because of me living in an attic that's very warm during the summer?

To back everything up, I'll admit I've made bad decisions most of my life. Almost everyday, I have 1 energy drink, snacks (chips and other corn snacks), and I've eaten a lot of carbs during my life. I'll lay off the energy drinks for a while, eat some more fruits and veggies and see what happens.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2013
Ok, I went to the emergency room to get checked on. I have normal blood pressure, and my heart is in good condition. The conclusion was that I may have GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease). The symptoms of GERD include: burning pain in stomach and chest and belching, which I do have. I was given Famotidine to help my problems. All I need to do in a few weeks is to have another blood test and I'll know what condition I'm in. Feel a little bit better now.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....