Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Sleeping Disorder / ADD ?

Thank you all so much for reading my post. I have been having issues for about 3 years now. My issues are mainly sleep related.

I am constantly tired and fatigued, no matter what I do. Some days I am so fatigued and weak, I cant even hold up my phone to talk to anyone, I have to put them on speaker. I have had "episodes" where, while trying to get up from sleep, I cant. My body gives out and im incredibly dizzy, my eyes roll back into my head and I fall back asleep instantly. After about 15 - 20 mins of trying to wake, with repeated actions, I finally snap out of it and am able to get up normally.

I have these episodes while awake as well. I begin to feel fidgety and incredibly tired. My knees will sometimes give out, my eyes will only slightly roll back and feel really heavy. If I sit down, I will fall asleep almost instantly. Normally if I do fall asleep, I can hear what is going on around me. Like a coma almost. If I try to with stand these episodes, by walking around non stop, it will pass within about 15 mins. It takes much effort to withstand the NEED to lay down and sleep.

I also have an issue with falling asleep. You would think that since I am so tired, once able to sleep that I would! But it takes me on average about an hour to fall asleep, sometimes longer. Just last night I laid in bed for almost 3 hours before falling asleep.

In addition I have memory and attention issues. Im not sure if one is related to the other? I cant remember things. Simple things. I cant concentrate long enough to complete a task most days. If I do have the energy ( normally from 5 hour energy, coffee or redbull) I try to get things cleaned around the house. I have to start in one spot and work my way around the house because I will forget what im doing and wonder around aimlessly. I have to keep dragging my self back to the spot I started in order to get anything done. I forget to call people back for DAYS! I literally wont even think about it at all for days!

I dont have insurance, but we are hoping to get some in the next few months. But I would love someones advice and help. Im so tired of being tired! I want to play with my children and have all the laundry done in one day! I want to just be normal. I would love any insight to what this condition might be or ways I can help myself at home.

I know this was long and I thank you so much for reading. I really need any help and advice I can get.
Thank you so much
Faith
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2009
well obviously the memory and attention is ADD. I'm the same way with calling people back and forgetting pretty much everything. If you have been diagnosed you could do the meds route but it can be bad, but it helps a lot of people so it's worth a shot. If you go stimulants you won't be tired either. Stimulants are like small doses of controlled meth, good luck trying to sleep or even be tired while those little guys are working. So that might help "band-aid" the tired problem when it comes to being tired in the day.

I don't know enough about your situation to really understand what's up with the sleep situation. That being said depression is really common in those with ADD and that really can mess your sleep up. Not being able to sleep at night and not being able to stay awake during that day sort of sounds like it. But if you were to have depression you would obviously be depressed. So i don't know, just food for thought.

Good Luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?