User Profile
I am struggling with sleep walking. I am taking a small dose of Ambien CR at night with melatonin and Hydroxyzine as needed. I find myself waking up sometimes in strange places and apparently had fallen in the hallway last night and was startled awake.

I am afraid to take the Ambien CR now and I am also uncertain about this perhaps rash idea, but I've tried sleeping with a weighted blanket on and it seems to help. I can't fathom the idea of tying myself up or locking myself to my bed, but yet Ambien CR is like the only medicine that helps me from waking up during the middle of the night like 2-3 times from sleeping.

I started exercising under the advice of my doctor and now I only wake up 2 times a week or so a week, but I've also stopped all caffeine intake and lowered Focalin from 60 mg a day to just 50 mg a day.

I tried Lunesta a few years ago and really liked it, but I had some very bad constipation issues with it and ended up getting painful hemmheroids, so maybe no uh

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2019
Sleep Disorders Answer A64923
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You are on right track. Continue Ambien CR but the most important things are relaxation techniques and good sleep hygiene.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.