Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Sleep disorders and cluster headaches

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Hi I just started having these pains in head over the past 4 days in which they don't feel like headaches but just a pain i can't get rid of. there's the ringing in my ears, pain in my eyes when i raise them up, pain flowing from my neck down to my hip. I'm a long distance runner but now if I climb a few stairs since 4 days ago I would feel short of breathe. Most of these pains occurs only when I laying down or trying to sleep which takes me hours to do. sometimes my arms would feel numb and when i am laying down and would bend my legs the pains gets worst. please help me cause as we speak there's the pain in my head and ringing in my ears.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2010
Neurological Disorders Answer A9067
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

You could be having a sleep disorder. The other possibility is cluster headaches. The pain is generally one sided, accompanied by vertigo and is worse when lying down. Sitting up and pacing improves the pain. Please consult a neurologist to begin with. Yoga helps relieve the pain to a certain extent.

Back pain which is worse when sitting or lying down and feels better with movement is usually caused by ankylosing spondylitis. This is a genetic condition. Medicines, physiotherapy, exercises and drugs to suppress immunity are the mainstay of treatment.

A back pain that is worse on lying down or felt mainly on lying down can also be due to a tumor within the spinal cord. A neurological examination can pinpoint the site. A CT scan or an MRI will be surely required.

Please consult your doctor and get yourself examined as a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on the internet. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.