Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

sleep Disorder, Epilepsy, MidNite(sleep products w/melatonin)

User Profile
I have a 53 yr old friend with Epilepsy. He has a VNS. Can't sleep and no sleep causes seizures. Sleep is my primary concern for this post.

Idea
Interested in feedback on -- MidNite -- a homeopathic product for SLEEP. Anyone had any experience using it??

He is taking dilantin, ambilify and paxil. He developed epilepsy as the direct result of an auto accident when he was 26. He can't get "stable" and has seizures several times a month.

I found a homeopathic product called "MidNite". Has anyone had any experience with this product or in using Melatonin.... extended release for reaching REM sleep for their sleep issues?

I don't want to add anything to his drug regime that might interfer with his current meds. MidNite is comprised of Melatonin 1.5 mg, Lemon Balm, Chamomile and Lavender.

Any feedback would be helpful. I look forward to your responses and getting to know you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2010
I have tried Melatonin and it really did not work for me and it gave me nightmares.

I would suggest not having your friend nap during the day if they can help it (to help regulate sleep).

Their are other natural remedies they can take like Magnesium and Valerian. I'm not positive it will not react to any of the medication your friend must be on though so you might want to have your friend check with his Doctor first.

Hope this helps Smile
|

replied October 11th, 2010
Sleep maintenace; Silenor for insomnia?
Has anyone tried the new sleep maintenance drug, Silenor? Not a controlled substance, but does it work for those having trouble staying asleep?
|

replied October 11th, 2010
Has anyone tried the new sleep maintenance drug, Silenor? Not a controlled substance, but does it work for those having trouble staying asleep?
|