Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Skipping periods on Triquilar 21

I'm on Triquilar 21 (triphasic pill) and was planning on taking 2 packs at once to skip my period next month. I would take one phase of pills, followed by the same set from the second pack, etc. for 42 consecutive days. Are the chances of breakthrough bleeding very high?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2011
Community Volunteer
If you have been using the pill for a while it should be fine. If you are however just starting now, there is a small chance.
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2014
Skipping periods on Triquilar 21
I want to do the same (skip a period) but I want to skip 2 periods for a long vacation I am taking in extreme conditions. So do I just start a new pack when the old one ends? and do it 2 months in a row? Or do I have to start a new pack backwards (I saw someone online state you should do that
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2014
Community Volunteer
In order to skip your period, you just avoid the inactive pills (normally pill 22 to 28 of your pack). In its place start the next pack. Although it is not guaranteed, it will normally work. 1, 2 or 3 months, no problems.

So the question is what pills you are on. If it is a normal mono-phasic pill, just strat the next pack. If it is a tri-phasic pill, you have to take more care. Simce every week have a different pill with adifferent hormones, it is best to do it as follows:

pack 1 week 1
pack 2 week 1
pack 3 week 1
pack 1 week 2
pack 2 week 2
pack 3 week 2
pack 1 week 3
pack 2 week 3
pack 3 week 3
7 day break

or

pack 1 week 1
pack 1 week 2
pack 1 week 3
pack 2 week 3
pack 2 week 2
pack 2 week 1
pack 3 week 1
pack 3 week 2
pack 3 week3
7 day break

Either one of these methods should minimize the chance of breakthrough bleeding while still [rotecting you from [regnancy.

Best of luck. Enjoy the long vacation!
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2014
Triquilar
Oh no....I just did
Pack 1:
week 1 week 2, week 3 and skipped placebo (normal intake, but skipped inactive pills)

then I started Pack 2: (no placebo) week 3, week2, week 1
basically I did it backwards.

am I still safe from pregnancy and will i still have my period???
If Im safe, but i get BTB, is it pretty heavy or does it last long?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...