Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

skin that looked funny to me?

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
HI i went to the doctor to get a visual exam for my genitals a couple of weeks ago. I pointed out skin that looked funny to me. He looked at it and said it looked like normal skin and wasnt a wart. I couldnt point it out of my mind so i continued to pushing the skin up with my finger and stretching it out to get a better look. I also did a vinegar test quite a few times over those days and once when i was stretching the skin with my finger. It started burning and turned white. i freaked out cause i thought it was a wart. I went back to the doc for another examination. he looked at it and said it didnt look like a typical wart but said it could be but wasnt a hundred percent sure so he refered me to a dermatologist. Im still waiting to find out. ive been keeping a bandaid over it but it still is red and when in the shower it turns more grayish blue. Im just wondering if it could be one or not or if i cause the lesion with the vinegar cause ive read the vinegar turns any lesions white.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2011
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A22093
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The use of chemicals can alter the normal appearance of the skin lesions making it difficult to identify the cause for it. You should have considered getting it examined by your doctor before doing any self experiment. It is difficult to comment on the lesion without examining you. Wait for your appointment with a dermatologist, after appropriate tests, the exact cause would be identified. Get started on treatment as suggested by your doctor/dermatologist. Avoid further manipulation of the lesion.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.