Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

skin tag like skin growths grow straight back

User Profile
I have skin tag like skin growths growing on my penis:

I dont know whats causing them or how to get rid, ive removed myself but they grow straight back

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2015
Penis Answer A53400
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. These skin tags are basically skin bumps likely innocuous and benign and will self resolve. If you have not recently had unprotected coitus then likely possible cause is Fordyce spot. Clogged sebaceous pores are likely cause. If coitus history then get testes for STD to be on safer road.

I hope it helps. Consult your doctor as our advice is just for education purposes only.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.