readprofile I have been a diabetic for 2 years and and I say about 2 months ago my head and my itch started to itch, I have try everything on the market to make it stop itching. I even wne to the beauty salon where I get my hair cut and they have shampoo to stop my head from itching and it will help for maybe a couple of days and then I go crazy stratching my head and my arms, legs and just all over. Can anyone please tell me is there a shampoo or body cream on the market where I can go and buy? I am going crazy. I get up in the middle of the night and just stratching from head to toe. I hate going to the doctor because I am buying enough mediciations for my diabetics and other health issues that I have. I am paying enough money out. I just need something where I can buy over the counter. So can please anyone tell me of anything that can help me? I hate going out in public because people look when you are stratching yourself thats why I hardly go any where. My e mail address is [email protected]. I need help please I hope you read this e mail and I am praying for anyones help. Thank you all who reads this and god bless. Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2008
Supporter
Hi grandma2happy,

How long has this been going on for?

You said you don't want to go to your doctor, but if you have a skin condition you may need a specific cream that your doctor can advise you of, or prescribe if you can't buy it over the counter.

I'm not sure if you have this in the US (I assume that's where you are) but E45 is good for itchy or dry skin. My husband (from the US) also recommends Gold Bond cream, that's good for itchy skin.

Hope it clears up soon!

(I'm itching now Very Happy)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....