Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Skin rashes and bumps from hair removal creame

Hello Doctor, Skin rashes and bumps developed after i applied veet hair removal cream on my inner thighs and bikini line. First day there were only 2-3 bumps on my inner thighs, so i ignored hoping it will go way in a day or two. However when that part gets in touch with water it causes a lot of irritation and itching and i couldnt control myself from scratching and now after 4 days it has spread almost along the bikine line. I'm applying johnson baby powder to keep it dry.

Can you pls suggest any cream that i can apply to get rid of irritation, itching, rash and bumps ? Can i apply Candid B cream ?

Many thanks for your kind help in advance.

With Kind Regards
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2012
Hi, You use a skin cream that has salts clotrimazole and gentamicin. These will almost cure your problem.
|

replied October 1st, 2013
The creams or solutions containing salicylic acid, glycolic acid, aloe, or any combination of these ingredients work well for rashes. If any infection is there then you can use alovera. You can also take advice from the dermatologist or expert beautician. But frequent waxing is not really good for skin so you can think of laser hair removal which significantly reduce the hair growth.
|
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....