User Profile
Hello, I have a big problem with my bottom. About three months ago it started itching around the butt crack, I thought it was just a simple itch and scratched it away, but it always came back. It wasn't really bad so I didn't make much of it. Then after a week or two, it became more problematic, my ass crack started hurting me, I was using a bike to get to a job for a month and every time it would hurt to sit in that narrow seat. The area around the ass crack has been a little red for about 2 months I think, but now I checked it and saw that it's a little dry and crackly in one small point. For some time I applied a protective Nivea Baby cream (the only one I have for something similar) and it does help a little bit but it's only temporal, as soon as I take a shower I have to apply it again otherwise it's going to hurt again when I sit.
Now it's become almost impossible to sit without this problem, It hurts to sit in certain positions, so I have to really bend my back not to feel it.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2019
Skin Answer A65183
Welcome to e health forum.

It is possible that you may be having a perineal dermatitis associated with fungal infections, due to persistent moisture , and is complicated if you scratch your itch.

You can find some relief with application of Candid B cream to the area

If it does not help, consult your doctor who can examine you and provide a proper medical help.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Skin Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.