User Profile
I am 20 years old and I've been living with a very itchy, red, bumpy/raised skin rash for approx. 4 years. It began as what looked like mild eczema in the inner elbow. Treated by hydro cortisone cream it cleared up instantly for 6 months. when it came back it looked and felt the same so it was treated the same but then, it changed. it came back as a larger reaction and took longer to treat, when it would get out of hand the skin would become very dry/scabbed and break and the wounds would ooze clear liquid. fast forward 4 year of it worsening, spreading & every steroid known to man ... it now forms in very large clusters of raised dots on my elbows and knees and almost has a "fading" look of smaller clusters going up down my legs to my ankles & up to mid thighs, and to my wrists & to my shoulders - and sometimes spreads onto my back a very little amount by the pits of my arms. and now it does not ooze or break, rather swell and get hot & itchy. I've been to 5 doctors and no luck.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2018
Skin Answer A64416
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the persistent/recurrent eczema that you describe without examining it to ascertain other details. Visit a dermatologist for further examination and evaluation. avoid use of steroids on your own. If infective cause is associated for the outbreaks then getting the underlying cause treated will help you to resolve your symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/dietician and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Eczema
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.