User Profile
Hello,
I found this pea sized lump on my leg when I was 16. I thought it was a large pimple but was surprised when it wouldn’t pop. I have been living with it for 9 years now, it has not moved, grown in size, changed shape or color, none of that. I have had it looked at by a doctor once before and she simply said it was an “aggravated hair follicle” and to just shave over it and it would eventually go away. I am not certain that is what this is and currently I’m having issues with my medical provider so I am unable to go in and get it checked.

It does not hurt but it is, and has been since I found it, rock hard. What I’m the world could it be?!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2018
Skin Answer A64143
Hello and welcome to EHF,

I appreciate your concern,

Without examining the leg personally or atleast seeing a photo of the lesion,it's very difficult to say what exactly is it.
The most common possibility is a lipoma(gathered up fat tissue).
If it's not hurting,increasing in size, shape or colour,most probably it's benign and you don't need to worry about it,let it be.
However, if you want to remove it for cosmetic reasons,it can be easily removed without even leaving a scar permanently.

I hope this is helpful.

Wishing you the best of health.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.