Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Skin infections and yeast infections of the genitals

User Profile
The skin on my scrotum turned mild shiny red almost 3 weeks ago. There is no itching though. The bottom of the pubic hair have developed white spots at the pubic hair joints. There is also a mild constant burning sensation in my penis shaft.
Another symptom which I developed 2-3 days ago is the really tiny white boils on my lower lip corner though it does not hurt or itch. My armpits feel sticky in the morning after I apply my deo and during the day i get the mild feeling of burning in them.
I had protected sex with two commercial sex workers 7 and 10 weeks ago. Though I think the condom burst in the second case as I could feel sticky rubbery stuff on my penis skin and I immediately washed it with water and soap.

I have also developed irritation on my inner thighs and 1-2 small sores in the mouth.

Could these be symptoms of any sort of STD. Please reply at the earliest as I am really worried.



Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank DoctorQuestion for this post: Lakshya 

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2008
Mens Conditions Answer A4530
According to your symptoms (mild shiny red skin on my scrotum, white spots at the pubic hair joints, burning sensation in my penis shaft, tiny white boils…) you could be experiencing a skin infection in the genital area. A yeast infection is possible as well as a bacterial one. Not all infections in the genital area are considered to be sexually transmitted. Yeast infections are not considered to be sexually transmitted. An allergic skin reaction is also possible. Both conditions, infections and allergies, can be present at the same time.

You may want to consult a dermatologist about your condition.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.