Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Skin Cancer Question

User Profile
24 year old male. White. 6'0. Blue eyes. Sandy hair.

Hello. I recently have been reading about sun exposure and how it causes cancer and aging.

I am white and would say I have one step above fair skin. I'm white but not splotchy white.

Also people say I tend to look on the young side. People sometimes think I'm like 17 when I'm 24. Fine by me.

I've never been one to just lay out in the sun but this year I have actually got my body tan. Not extreme.

Well I had been using sunscreen on my face. So I decided to get a little sun on my face to match. I'd say over the total Spring/Summer maybe 2 hours on my face of actual tanning. It still ain't as dark as my body but has what you call a glow, I guess.

Just wondering how much aging and damage 2-3 hours a year is causing? I want to stay looking as young as possible and avoid skin cancer. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....