Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Skin Cancer Question

User Profile
Hi I have this weird mark on my arm for 6 weeks. It changes in size and appearance occasionally. Sometimes it's flared up then it settles for a bit. The pic I've shown is it being settled down. When it's settled it has a scaley texture on it. When it flares it's smooth and very red.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2018
Skin Cancer Answer A63728
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It seems fungal infection or eczema.
Use topical antifungal like terbinafine to settle the issue. If problem persists then consult dermatologist to evaluate it.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.