Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

size of my liver is slightly increased...test results

User Profile
i m male, 36 years of age...and having 95 kg weight with height 5-9

ALT(GPT) 80.8

NEUT% 45.4

LYM% 45.5

GLU 7.74

AST 46.6

Tchol 7.80

TG 9.36

Rest of the readings are in normal range..

i have bad sleeping habits do not sleep too much only for short time and very late in the night..& do not do much physical work out....just sitting n sitting...n doing work on pc.

Moreover for last couple of years i m having Fatty liver so size of my liver is slightly increased...My father n my Grand mother (mother of my father) both were died because of Liver Carcinoma and 1 sister of my father is also recently diagnosed with liver carcinoma..i m married and 36 years old and got first son whose eyes always looks little bit yellowish but he is normal and after my 1st son i had two more male babies ...who both were died within 3 months just because of the same reason their liver was normal on birth but within months their liver got hugely enlarged ...and finally they both died n plus those two babies were also abnormal kids not having normal baby body tone....like keep moving their eyes , can not focus and 1 of them can not lift his legs upward...n in my guess they also got some mental disorders....so doctors said its some genetic problem n they can not do much...so they ask not to conceive anymore for a long period of time.....what should i do ....need some guidance .....plz give me suggestion for my self by seeing my test values n also for my children history if my wife wants to conceive again...its very hard to think about more babies if ur two baby sons die with the same problem one after each other...
.Thanks n Regards...
Immy

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2012
Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Answer A35472
Welcome to e health forum.

From the given history, it is probable that you and your wife are asymptomatic carriers of genes involved in hereditary liver diseases.

Some important hereditary liver diseases include hemochromatosis and antitrypsin deficiency.

In the most severe form of 1-AT deficiency, the clinical features consist of early-onset emphysema, neonatal hepatitis, chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, and hepatocellular carcinoma.

Since in the earlier pregnancies, the infants were affected with the condition, the probability of future pregnancies being affected would be much higher. Hence it would be best for you to avoid future pregnancies.

If you still want to have a kid, it is best advised to undergo genetic analysis to find the specific gene involved. Once confirmed, you can try to concieve. Post conception, regular blood tests of the fetus have to be done within the first 8 -12 weeks, to detect the presence of the affected gene. In case the fetus is normal and lacks the implicated gene the pregnancy can be continued. In extreme cases, where the affected gene is detected the pregnancy should be terminated, at the earliest.

The other alternative but viable options can be adoption.

You might consult with your doctors who can provide you more information regarding the exact genetic condition and guide you further.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.