User Profile
Have been dealing with sinus issues for a few months, have been on a couple doses of antibiotics which seem to help but never fix the issue. Have been seeing an ENT doctor who has learned I have a deviated septum from a CT scan along with enlarged turbinates. I'm scheduled to have that surgery to fix the septum and reduce the turbinates in the next couple of weeks.

My question relates to other issues I have been having which I'm trying to figure out if they relate to my sinus issues. My left check has had some tingling / numbness sensation. There is no swelling or droopiness visually. I had thought this was due to the swelling but more recently I have started to experience very sore arms. Most of this is in the back of the arms and forearms. There is nothing physical that would have caused this. I've also started to get a slight tingling sensation in my hands. Is this something that could be related or any idea what could be causing this.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2018
Sinusitis Answer A64640
The parathesia / soreness / numbness that you described are unlikely to be related to the sinusitis. Nerve conduction studies can be advised to look for the possible cause.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sinusitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.