Medical Questions > Relationships > Single and Struggling Forum

Single, 18 never been with a girl

Hey, I'm a guy whose 18 and had never had a girlfriend, or a kiss or anything from any girls. I'm 6'1 and play goalkeeper in a league. I'm average looking, nothing fancy (or am I? I can't tell) As a child I focused solely on doing good in school and getting enough sleep (I guess you can say that important things in this stage of life is either: social life, good grades, or enough sleep.... but its like you can only choose two, so i chose grades and enough sleep). This pattern lasts up to this day. This path lead to me enrolling in an respectable all guys high school, which basically killed my chances with girls. As a result of my past patterns, my social life when it comes to girls is basically impaired (if you will...)I'm in university now and its already December and Christmas is fast approaching. This makes me wonder if time would pass this fast without me having a girlfriend. Living in residence is fun and all, but first year is already half-way done! Next year when I move out to a house, by then it would be too late. It's so sad to see so many pretty girls around campus, yet I feel so helpless and shy. It seems like all my friends are in relationships, and everywhere I go i see couples cuddling each other in the cold, and every song i hear on the radio has to do with love. I feel so sad at times, but always tell myself that someone is out there for me. What can I do in my situation? Any suggestions or ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2010
Relationships...ugh!!!
Hey there! I have felt like that at times when my boyfriend of five and a half years breaks up with me all the time...I almost wish I had waited for a relationship since the one I have or had as of yesterday was so horrible. Time will tell...you will find someone who makes you happy...don't look around..it will just happen. I too am now feeling horrible...I cried my eyes out last night when he broke up with me for the hundreth time about how I am destined to never be happy...but I am so nice and deserve to be that I don't understand. Hang in there...we can email if you would like
|

replied December 12th, 2010
I have a hard time starting relationships too for my own reasons. I just noticed that I have been cutting myself out from social situations without even noticing it. You concentrate so much on school which is great but you need to become more well rounded and try doing things that you havent before. You gotta have one friend who is single and ou could go out with to a local hang out and meet new people. Maybe you have a friend who has a real outgoing personality that you could use as your "wingman" and use their personality to show yours or make yours look better.
I know exactly how you feel and its really hard to meet new people if your not a total social butterfly but you have to take yourself out your bubble. Its scary but once you acomplish something you feel so proud of yourself.
Think of it as a school assignment since you do so well in school to go out and meet new people.
|

replied December 19th, 2010
hello! i'd like you to read my post. maybe it will inspire you, give it a shot Smile

Messiah
|