Medical Questions > Relationships > Single and Struggling Forum

Single and looking for advice...

User Profile
Hi everyone,

I have been single for about 4 years. I have never really been in a true good relationship but now I have just graduated high school last year and all my classmates have their high school sweethearts and I am so lonely, I have no one. I was never the "attractive" girl in school. I was never popular either. half the kids I graduated with didnt even know who I was! It makes me feel pathetic and lonely. I so much want to have and start a family with the man of my dreams but I cant do that unless I had a man of my dreams. I think my relationship problems are the cause for my depression and lonliness. I dont have anyone to talk to or laugh with. I have realized more now that Valentines day is coming and I have no one special to share it with. I have tried the online dating thing but the only replies I get are from dirty old married men! Is there something wrong with me?? why don't people notice me??? Neutral

Any advice??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey hun well you are only 18 you have got plenty of time to find someone whats the rush?.....Go out with friends enjoy yourself and you might meet someone special......I wouldn't try the online thing personally not at your age, why hide behind a computer when you can be out strutting your stuff Razz
Go out have a good time but stay safe Smile
Jenny
|

User Profile
single and looking for advice....
hey Jenny, thanks but thats another one of my problems... people dont really consider me good looking really. I would love to be out dating but it is hard when your not hot or sexy like the other girls my age that i went to school with.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ok well you need to stop that straight away bo one is ugly or unattractive it is what you make of yourself.....Guys like a girl who is confident..has nice hair...nice clothes that sort of things it doesn't actually matter if your not "miss world" Razz
If you act sexy you will be sexy!
Jenny
|

User Profile
single and looking for advice......
thanks Jenny I will work on the confidence thing more. I never really was super confident in myself that much but I guess it couldnt hurt right? lol thanks for the advice and I will deffinitely work on it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
no problem hun and welcome to ehealth....If you have any questions don't hesitate to pm me or just post Razz
Jenny
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
You have nothing but time on your side. Don't stress it, make friends and you'll find someone.

Oh and by the way, there are VERY few couples who stand the test of time that were high school sweethearts. Those couples are young, and fall madly in love, and date for a few years, and then they realize they need to learn about what a relationship truly is and how to keep it going. I was one of those people in those kinds of relationships too.

Don't sweat it. Everything tends to work out
|