Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Simple Hyperplasia Without Atypia

In Aug. 2010, I had an ultrasound done that showed a thickening of the uterine lining. In Sept. 2010, I had an endrimetrial biopsy done that diagnosed me with Simple Hyperplasia Without Atypia. I was put on Medroxyprogesterone. I have had ultrasounds twice a year to monitor the thickness of the uterus lining, but I've had no additional biopsies.

Today I went to a different Dr and she informed me that I should have been having biopsies every three months until it was resolved and that progesterone alone was not what I needed.

I had stopped having perios in March 09, one month after being put on high doses of prednisone. Nobody questioned by not having periods.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2013
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you had been on progesterone supplements, then you will not have withdrawal bleeding (hence no periods). The progress of the treatment and the status of the atypia should be monitored every 3-6 months time (depending on the results). Go ahead with getting further thorough evaluation done to look for the cause and the status of the endometrial hyperplasia and atypia. If required, you may also consider discussing about getting endometrial ablation done and get modifications done in treatment plan based on the evaluation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.