Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

signs of diabetes, but my fasting glucose is only 95.

User Profile
I am a 26 year old female with the following symptoms:
- dizziness
-pain in abdomen, back, sides, and sometimes neck
- stomach pain after eating
- constipation and diarrhea
- un digested food in stool
- lack of sweating
- tingling/burning sensations occasionally in feet, back, neck, arms

I have read that these can be signs of diabetes, but my fasting glucose is only 95. My blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides and everything are all normal. I am seeing my regular doctor in a few days, but I worry that my conditions will get worse in the time it takes to see her, have further testing done, and have follow up appointments. The dizziness has been going on for 2 months. The stomach issues for 3 weeks.

Should I consider going to the ER?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2016
Abdominal Pain Answer A57790
hello and welcome

your concern is appreciated

the stomach pain after eating can be due to GERD, peptic ulcer disease, gastritis . PPIs are helpful in this case plus avoid food like tea, caffeinated drinks, carbonated drinks , spicy food etc take light and frequent meals donot over eat. other symptoms you mentioned alternated diarrhea with constipation and undigested food may be due to inflammatory bowl disease. malabsorption disorders. your symptoms of tingling etc may be due to nutrient deficiency occurred due to malabsorption like iron and folate which can result in fatigue and calcium can result in pain muscle cramps tingling sensation. low hb can result into fatigue and dizziness. you can be advised to do blood tests, stool tests , barrium studies, colonoscopy, pancreatic function tests

hope it helps
thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.