Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

sign I could become lupus positive in the future

User Profile
Hello! I am a 22 year old female. I weigh 106 pounds and am 5'6. I had my gallbladder removed due to sludge and since have been dealing with GI issues. My mother and grandmother have been diagnosed with dermatomyositis and various other autoimmunes. Therefore I got a ANA screen and it was positive. I have been retested twice and it keeps coming back 1:1280. I generally feel okay besides GI problems except for occasional aches and pains. I have rashes that come and go but nothing significant. Recently I had the lupus anticoagulant test. My aPTT-LA Time PPP was 35 seconds, but my Dilute Viper Venom Time was 49 seconds. Therefore the result was indeterminate and was the same once before. Just wondering if this is a telling sign I could become lupus positive in the future or for another disease. I have raynauds as well. I consistently throw up and lose my appetite more than not. Just wondering if I should be more aggressive with these results?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2016
Lupus Answer A58869
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. With ANA positive lupus should be investigated further as all your symptoms suggest of some connective tissue disease, further detailed thorough examination should be done to sort out the possibility.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lupus
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lupus , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.