I have had issues with nausea, vomiting and lightheadedness for about three years now. It has gotten progressively worse. On February 15th, I had an emergency appendectomy. I woke up in the recovery room with the worst headache of my life, which is bad because I suffer from migraines and have since I was quite young. I have developed several conditions since the surgery, the most disturbing being my total lack of concentration and memory. I actually ordered cheese at the deli and was told that I had all ready ordered it from the other woman behind the counter. I had NO recollection of ever speaking to her, nevermind telling her what I wanted. I have an MRI scheduled for Friday. I saw my doctor today and he got me in quickly. Please take a look at these symptoms and tell me if you or anyone you know of had the same and if they found out what was wrong. I am getting worried. I am 37 btw. Thanks

Headaches, pressure at base of skull and behind eyes

Currently have a headache that has lasted five days straight

Stiff neck

Lactating, not pregnant

Irregular period for past few months

Tired

Lack of concentration and memory.

Achy

Nausea / Vomiting

Lightheaded

weakness in right hand

Basically I am a freaking mess. lol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
Have you had the MRI and are awaiting results?
|

replied April 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You need the MRI. Sounds like a pituitary gland issue. See a neurologist if you get nowhere with your present doctor.
|

replied April 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
My MRI is tomorrow. I actually thought I was pregnant at first but I am not. I am just hoping that whatever it is, it is treatable. I just wish that I knew what was wrong so I can feel like myself again. I will update the results. Thanks for your replies.
|

replied April 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi

I was wondering how you are doing?
I hope you are doing OK.
|

replied April 5th, 2008
Experienced User
butterfly6169 wrote:
Hi

I was wondering how you are doing?
I hope you are doing OK.

Nothing has changed much. I had the MRI last night and am just waiting for the results. I woke up with a terrible headache but it has gotten better over the past hour. Thanks for asking Smile I should know the results in a few days.
|

replied April 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for letting me know.
Keep me posted.
Fingers are crossed for good results..Smile
|

replied April 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Jenn, let us know how you are. I hope your results reveal what is going on with you. Keep us updated. Thinking about you.
|

replied April 11th, 2008
Experienced User
I got the results in the mail today and it was clean. I am relieved but am still experiencing all of these symptoms. I can't imagine what might be causing it. Thank you so much for replying to my post. If anyone has any ideas what else this might be, please share your thoughts with me. I just want to feel good again. Smile
|

replied April 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi Jenn

Glad to hear the results are clean but sorry you are still having symptoms.

Did your doctor do blood tests? Ask your doctor to check your blood everything from A to Z even if you have to go see a hematologist. You might be anemic or have a vitamin deficiency.
Are you taking any medication that could be causing these symptoms?

I hear you about just wanting to feel good again... I hope you get some answers also.
Keep us posted..Smile
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....