Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Sick and fatiqued all the time

User Profile
I had a viral myocarditus 6 and a half years ago, it left me with a 30% ejection fracture. Since then I improved it to a 52% which isnt far from normal. I have been sick with oe thing after another since this happened to me, and I always feel tired. I have been depressed and had panic attacks quite often, but I do feel as though this is not what is making me feel so bad. I wake up sore and acky everyday and am pale all the time now. I was not a sick man before the heartattack, but since I am seeing the doc once or twice a month. My family has said that I am a hypocondriac, but I complain of the same thing not new ones, tiredness, fatique, muscle pai throughout my body and stomach pain, I just all around feel bad. I catch colds or upper respiratory infections once a month anymore and just have a hard time getting around. I want my life back more than I could even imagine, I am having trouble dealing with all of this. The doctors never find anything wrong with me, when I go, they say that it is severe depression and anxiety. I have been on cymbalta and Zoloft, both of this with colonipins for anxiety, they reduced my anxiety attacks but I still stayed sick. Now I worry so much about my health I check my pulse and am going white headed from the stress of feeling bad all the time. I was never like this before the heartattack, it bothers me tremendously. Someone please help, I am only 27 and I want to have a normal life, not one plagued by one illness after another. I thought from different articles that I have read that I had muscular schlorosis, due to the fact that I have severe nerve damage in my neck and shoulders ( I had a nerve doctor test my neck and shoulders and he found the damage 4 yrs ago) and the fact I have jerks and twinges throughout my body with random pains all through my body. It matches up but no doctor will check, they all think I am crazy and imagining all of this. It makes me sick to be like this, I just dont believe I am convincing myself I am this sick, how could that even be possible! I feel too bad for that to even be feesible! Someone please help I am on my last legs
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Patients who have had some damage to the heart, like you due to a viral myocarditis, will have an ejection fraction often that's some number less than that 55 percent.
This is always asymptomatic.
Your symptoms are very likely due to hypothyroidism, condition of under active thyroid gland, or fibromyalgia, both sharing similar symptoms.
Being constantly tired, weak and without energy, experiencing depression, apathy, headaches, muscle and joint pains, having impaired mental activity, including concentration and memory, muscle weakness, numbness, pain, and cramps, numbness in fingers, and many more, are all complains of hypothyroidism.
It is believed that even mild thyroid failure may increase susceptibility to major depression.
Since, the thyroid gland plays a crucial role in maintaining the body's defenses, people with hypothyroidism will routinely become more susceptible to viral and bacterial infections, especially those of the respiratory and urinary tracts.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Users who thank MandMs for this post: jsurratt6371 

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
I have had my thyroid checked over the yrs and nothing has showed up wrong, I get knots on my body on my stomach and legs the ones on my stomach hurt but the ones on my legs do not
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
Do you still take the Cymbalta and Zoloft?? How long have you been on these meds.??
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2009
Experienced User
If you ask me You should start taking vitamins and a new product is call sambucul is a Inmune system enhancer ( I think is the right spelling) I had a pacemaker 5 years ago I was very down but I did not take andtidepressives Doctor give you all kind of s... and they are just protecting themselves from a L S. or, Joint a group like a bible study group or a support group, you pastor should know or the hospital should advise you. Get family together dinner lunchs and things like that, take a trip get out of the house, put plants in the haouse, like arecas, or "mohter in law tongue" they are great to clean your inside enviorment, turn off the AC and open the house you need new Oxygen in the house thats for sure. Go to the Mall, take walks. Now the enviorment at home is important, are you keeping animals inside the house? This is important remove them!!, remove old carpets and old drapes, this bother yo0ur inmune system. Letr me know how are you doing after doing some of this advises.
|
Users who thank elgrande for this post: jsurratt6371 

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2009
Supporter
I think elgrande gave you some good advice. I've been looking into vitamins and natural herbs myself and have found that Vit. D. takes away a lot of body aches and pains. I would like to ask elgrande; which vitamins did you find helpful with depression instead of the anti-depressants?? Thanks
|
Users who thank wendyrs for this post: jsurratt6371 

replied July 6th, 2009
Hello, I can sympathize with you, I am young, was a very active person, plenty of interests ,stimulating career, healthy life style, the whole works.
After a viral infection I started to feel like dragging myself all the time, total lack of energy, exhausted, etc.
Had my thyroids checked and was told it was 'normal' and after months of dragging myself around, another doctor a bit more updated with the latest definitions found that it was indeed a bit on the hypothyroidism side. I started taking hormones and felt the improvement after a few days. There is something called sub-clinical hypothyroidsm that unfortunately goes without diagnosis thanks to doctors not updating their knowledge.

I however I was unlucky and the viral infection left me with Chronic fatigue syndrome and now fybromyalgia.

IMPORTANT: Go to a doctor that does not tell you 'it's all in your mind'. Nobody can tell better than yourself when something is wrong with your body. It should be their job to check all possibilities before they conclude it is of psychological origin. I did listen to my doctors and wasted valuable time , because for several months I doubted my own instinct and tried to convince myself that the doctors were right and that it was in my mind. Thank goodness I found a doctor that listened to me and just having a sympathetic doctor and a sort of diagnosis (whatever it is!) helps you find your way to recovery and better quality of life.
My experience was that I was in fact very anxious BECAUSE of the poor health, and no the other way around.

Finally, things I found useful: OXYGENATE!, self-pace you activity but do not stop being active as it keeps you going and generates stamina, take vitamins, eat healthy preferably bio/ecofood (no toxins),filtered water, less sugars, less wheat (i.e pasta, bread, etc).
When in a 'good day', DO NOT try to do too many things to 'catch up things', prioritize!, that energy you overspend is like a bank loan: your body will ask you to pay back ...with interest!

Best of luck finding a good doctor! In the mean time take good care of yourself
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2009
I take fish oil 3 times daily, also a once a day multivitamin, I have anxiety issues,actually severe ones! like I said in the originial post, I check my pulse constantly, but I never felt bad like this or stayed sick with stomach, upperresporatory problems, hearing problems, memory, and vision problems constantly. I have recently noticed knots growing on my stomach and lower back, I dont understand what it could be. Like I said I thought maybe ms, or lupis, but I am not a doc. I have been to many doctors, but have yet to find one that takes me seriously, they all look at me and say that I am a perfectly functioning 27 yr old. They are aware of my heart but constantly let me know how lucky I am to have improved so much, but on the inside I am fading away, even as I type this post I am barely moving. I have a 7 yr old and a wife that I want to be more involved with but for my lack of health it prevents this greatly, plus it is a burden I would not ask foe my wife to go through with me because of it being unfair to her. I have trouble in my classes at the college and sometimes I am scared to sleep for fear of not waking. This is a nightmare I so bad want to wake from. Thankyou for all of your posts they have been wonderful.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....