I have had pain in my right lower back & hip for over a year & a half. My doctor thinks it's my Si joint, the CAT Scan did not show anything, I've done physical therapy, wear an si belt, take tramadol daily & lortab for extreme pain days but have not seen much relief. I just had x-rays done & suppose to go for an MRI. My question is if the MRI is necessary to diagnose & treat my pain? My co-pay is large for it & I already have a lot of medical costs. Also what are all my treatment options to get rid of the pain, it is pretty severe & I can't deal with it any longer. Thank You.(I'm a 31 yr. old female, three full term pregnancies)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
hi...sorry you are suffering. i dont think i would invest in the mri. have you tried heat? have you given the area enough rest? let us know if that helps....pete
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Stand in front of a mirror and place your hands on top of your hips. If you notice one side higher than the other than more than likely it is SI Joint Disfunction. I've had severe back and neck pain for 15 months after falling off a ladder. After 6 Doctors, X-rays, 2 MRI's, CT scan, and every medication possible I found a Physical Therapist that specialized on the SI.
Hope this helps!
|
Must Read
Joint pain and joint damage affect more than 45 million Americans. Learn the basics of joint anatomy, and types of joint damage here....
Common causes of joint disease include trauma, aging, stress and body weight. Are you at risk of damaging the joints? More here on causes of joint pain....
Is that lump on your wrist cause for concern? Learn to identify signs and symptoms of joint damage here. Plus, know when to seek help for joint pain....