User Profile
I am an OR nurse looking for some help while waiting for answers....
I have intolerable pain in my lumbar/sacral spine. I have X-rays showing inflamed SI joint. All my blood work has returned normal and insignificant findings. I also experience great pain on my left side at the greater trochanter. Pain is unrelieved by any OTC meds available. I also use ice packs as needed. I have good ROM but with constant pain. I do not remember a day that I was pain free. Previous l4-5 ruptured disc (8yrs ago). PCOS and mild endometriosis. Can this still be rheumatoid with negative blood test? Any help with pain control?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2015
Thank you for asking at ehealthforum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. not it is least likely to be rheumatoid. With history of disc prolapse at l4 l4 these are the symptoms of compressive neuropathy involving disc prolapse or compression most likely. You need a spine expert and a physiotherapist. I am sure a few weeks NSAIDs and corticosteroids with physiotherapy will make the difference.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.