Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Shrinkage in testicles and penis

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
User Profile
my question comes in regards to my testicales and penis, for the past couple of months I have been experiencing shrinkage in them to the point it feels I dont have testicals at all and my penis it seems like a child's penis, and some times I feel they are normal, but when ever i'm in a sexual matter my testicales shrink very quikely,and it seems hard for my penis to get up as quickly, so this matter is really freaking me out, if you could advise me on this matter or if I need to see a physation I sure do appreciate that.

thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2009
Testicles Answer A6258

No data was given how long it takes to achieve complete erection.
What you experience related to the testicles might be completely normal. In the scrotum there is a cremasteric muscle that is involved in the action of the cremasteric reflex. This reflex is elicited by lightly stroking the superior and medial (inner) part of the thigh. The normal response is a contraction of the cremaster muscle that pulls up the scrotum and testis on the side stroked.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicles , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.