I have had several episodes over the past year where I get this terrible ache/pain in my left shoulder. I have a very, very slow GI system and have attributed this pain to that. I have no trouble passing gas...I seem to constantly do that. However, I suffer from extreme constipation. I often end up taking a women's gentle laxative and let me tell you there is NOTHING gentle about this. I end up going alot, after spending a significant amount of time in the bathroom doubled over with cramps.I have also thought this shoulder pain might be attributed to sleeping on that side or even perhaps a bursitis or arthritis. I take motrin, use a heating pad and have gotten through these episodes.However, this past Saturday this darn shoulder pain started. After tylenol and motrin and finally one of my husband's vicodin's (for tooth pain) it still was not resolved. I finally went to sleep and it seemed to be gone. However, it started again tonight (Monday evening). I also feel a little nauseated. No vomiting but this yucky feeling. Not quite a burning but a little in my stomach. I was thinking I may even have an ulcer at this point. I am taking some tums now as we speak. I am self diagnosing at this point...(1)an intestinal blockage/ileus, (2) an ulcer, (3) gallbladder trouble or (4)sever constipation or finally (5) arthritis with constipation. I need some advice or someone else who has had this pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 15th, 2010
do u ever feel like there is something stuck up ur bum as mad as it sounds its like ur sitting on something??? not painfull but eally uncomfatable x
|

replied April 4th, 2011
I have the same left shoulder pain and chronic constipation. The doctors are not taking it seriously. I am also gaining weight despite serious exercise. I have been doing accupunture. The chineese say that my blood is not circulating properly and somewhere there is a blockage. So they are trying to push it. The insurance covered. Also I started with Swedish Bitters out of desparation and it is working. Try it too. I rub myself externally with the pulp and take it internally.
|

replied April 4th, 2011
Left Shoulder Pain and Constipation
I have the same left shoulder pain and chronic constipation. The doctors are not taking it seriously. I am also gaining weight despite serious exercise. I have been doing accupunture. The chineese say that my blood is not circulating properly and somewhere there is a blockage. So they are trying to push it. The insurance covered. Also I started with Swedish Bitters out of desparation and it is working. Try it too. I rub myself externally with the pulp and take it internally.
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...