Iv had a shoulder dislocation since birth and have had three unsuccessful surgeries on it. I am now 23 and having problems with the arm.
I am unable to move it and I wear a sling constantly to keep it 'safe' and not hanging as it creates more pain.
Anyway, I have been seeing a surgeon regarding this whose given me the options of two different surgeries
The first one is removing the labrum around the bone which COULD be infected or torn. There's CHANCE of pain relief but NO CHANCE of movement in the arm.

The second option is a custom made shoulder replacement - with pain relief and waist length movement but that will need a 3D CT Scan before. I would need to have continuous operations after that to alter the shoulder and a change of the joint every 10-15years.

Which would be a better option for me?

This this problem has occurred I seem to always be very depressed and stressed, I can't do many lesiure activities and I am constantly having issues going on at home. Everyone seems to be very negative around me which brings me down a lot. My friends have also told me that I am becoming very negative.

I keep randomly shaking throughout the day and I shake for about 30mins at random, I am not cold but I get goosebumps.

Also, I work in a nursery, where I feel as though I'm not fit to work I am constantly made to feel as though I'm not doing my job properly but I do what everyone else is doing and they are never spoken to about the way they work.

I'm very also anemic, and basically my health is just all over the place since last year.

What do I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.I can understand the pain. Both surgeries have its own pros and cons. I would suggest go for least invasive one with minimal complications. Let your orthopedic surgeon decide what is best for you.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Broken Bones , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.