User Profile

Me and my boyfriend have been together for just under a year now. He shows signs of jealousy, obsession and low self esteem. I have two main male friends who i have been friends with since i was around 12 years old. He thinks i shouldnt see them alone and is always rude when we get together with them. He gets angry over the smallest things and always thinks i dont tell him stuff. He says hes ugly and fat and shows signs of not wanting me to look after my weight or appearance. He snaps over the smallest things and always takes it out on me. He calls me pathetic, stupid and often tells me hes trying to help me because all my friends really hate me and im stupid and need to wake up. He has only met one of my friends and he doesnt know any others yet he judges everyone. He says bad things about people and calls people names and i just need some one to help me realise that i need to leave him. Advice please!!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2011
Troubled and Abusive Relationships Answer A23542
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

It seems that your boyfriend might be having a paranoid personality disorder.

He might benefit by consulting a psychiatrist, who can counsel him and help him control his mood and behavior.

Relationships are hard to build when individuals within it, do not accept and respect each other. Incidents of spousal abuse (physically or psychological) are more common in such relationships. In case you are not comfortable, or feel abused or not cared for, by your boyfriend, you might benefit by moving on with your life, to greener pastures.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Troubled and Abusive Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.