I am 45 years old and has a BMI index of 55. I managed to get my weight down to 305 from 325 for about 6 months but it seems to have stopped at 305. Now I am starting to consider a gastric bypass or a lap band. I've been reading a lot on the internet about gastric bypass and its risk. I have come across a lot of articles such as this one, http://www.risksgastricbypasssurgery.com/g astric-bypass-requirements.shtml
which has answered most of my concerns. But I still can't shake the feeling if a gastric bypass would be the answer I am looking for. I haven't discussed this with a doctor yet since I haven't really decided yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper healthy178
|

replied August 24th, 2011
Gastric Bypass
doctor I had a RNY in 2003 and I would do it again in a heartbeat but each person is different, and just needs to research to be able make an informed decision. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I would be happy to tell you about my experience with it.

Angela, Mississippi nurse
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank healthy178 for this post: jaz14 
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...