User Profile
My mother as my sister just called and told me has been fired from her job and may end up homeless.

Most would feel bad but I sit here smiling happy that what she did has finally come back to her.

You see growing up she blamed me for everything, saying I made up my depression and all this. I was nothing but a waste of money. We'd yell at each other she'd throw things at me..You can see why I dont like her.
I ended up stuck living with her when my parents split up when i was 16. She acted still like I was dirt, I had to make my own doctors appointments and go by bus cause she wouldnt take me.

anyways, about a week before I turned 18 I had a cold and wasnt feeling well, she texted me from work asking if I was out job hunting. I said no cause I wasnt feeling well, and she got mad. a few texts laterI was homeless she had thrown me out. Luckily my boyfriend(now husband) took me in. (I'm now 19 by the way)

So after all of that am I supposed to feel bad for her situation because she's my mother? Or is it okay for me to smile in her misfortune.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2008
Supporter
Hi Sweetie! Me Fairy*Godmother
I had to jump on the band wagon on this one.............You are entitled to feel as you wish. After all, you've been deeply wounded by this woman, who calls herself your Mother. She sounds like she is jealous of you. I do not know the situation, but I do know its always hard to forgive and forget, although I can never forget.....I learned life is too short. We have a choice in this life....we can choose to be happy or we can choose to be miserable. I chose to be happy, I had a bad relationship with my father. But, when he did die from cancer a couple years ago........I could at least say I TRIED! I tried to have a decent relationship with him, but he ridiculed and belittled me. It was me who phoned him.....and it was me who went to see him. I hope your cold is better and that you will choose to be happy in your life and NOT ALLOW anyones remarks or actions to upset you! Its up to you! Hugs!
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2009
Supporter
sometimes this is a natural response when people do things to hurt you.
for example my Miss.Perfect older sister would say hurtful things, she's always in a bad mood and every time i was around her she manage to put me down. we were all physically and mentally abused. and i suffered from depression.
so one day her ex b/f ripped out the subfloors of her kitchen and took her money and didnt fix it.
or her ex b/f used her credit card to buy a rent-a-car w/o permission. when i heard these things i didnt feel bad at all.
my miss.perfect sister would talk to me, my little sister, my mother like crap. she's the kind of person that if your depressed and ready to jump off a bridge....she's the person that will make you wanna do it.
|