Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

should i be concerned MS or just carpal tunnel

My left eye frequently feels clouded. my arms go numb unless I'm moving them. my legs go numb when sitting or lying down. frequent headaches and backaches not typical of my scoliosis are now daily. have had tinitus many years
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2012
Especially eHealthy
Scoliosis,

Well, carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) certainly does not cause the majority of your symptoms. CTS is a compression of the median nerve at the wrist. It causes the radial digits of the hand to go numb, tingly, or have pain. It could not cause your other symptoms.

If you carry a diagnosis of MS, then the symptoms could be coming from that, but, just because you have these symptoms does not mean that you do have MS. MS is often a diagnosis of exclusion, as all the other causes of these symptoms need to be ruled out first.

If the symptoms bother you significantly, you should see a neurologist for an evaluation. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....