Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Shorter menstrual cycles

User Profile
I always have light periods of 4 days! But from few months it became more shorter like 2 days. Since last cycle i have bleeding in flow. But now i am having periods from yesterday in which blood is only passing in urine. No blood on pad! I also have pelvic, legs cramps from almost april. What are the possible reasons?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2017
Menstruation Answer A61776
hello,
As per your description, there are two points of concern.First of all, there is a scanty cycle and definitely you need to be investigated for this.there are multiple reasons behind this and obesity, thyroid disorders or PCOS might be the reasons,those need to be sorted out.
Now you are having blood in urine.This signifies you are having some infection in urine and that needs treatment.You need a routine urine testing as well as antibiotics as per the test result.Just meet your GP for an opinion and in the meantime, start drinking plenty of water.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.