Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Shooting pain from left groin to left testicle

I am 51 y. old , 6'3", 185Lbs, happy married.
Active hiking, gardening. Eating good home made food a lot of vegetables and dairy,4 eggs a week, very little of meats. Half of gallon water a day, two cups of green tea, 300 ml red wine.

Visited doctors seldom.

Last few of years: rheumatic feeling in shoulders, neck, elbows, right fist lower back and ankles. Feels like out of alignment.

Last few months: Lower back and left testicle pain

From November 6 2013 bad pain.
*Shooting pain between lower back and knees,
*Shooting pain between lower back and testicles
*Shooting pain elbows and down to instep and ankle.

From November 8, 2013 often very bad sharp
*Shooting pain from left groin to left testicle
*Shooting pain from left groin down thru left leg.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2015

Thank you for asking at ehealthforum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. The shooting pain and its radiations are likely due to compressive neuropathy most probably sciatica. You need a lumbar spinal MRI and physiotherapy after wards. SLight posture modifications and conservative anti inflammatories will likely do the job.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.