User Profile
I have had sex with a woman whom was very skinny and claimed she goes to the gym when it does not show at all because of how skinny she looked. At the time i did not suspect she had stds but after when i gave it a though i couldn't stop worrying. i had protected intercourse but before we engaged the condom stretched and recoiled. what worries me is that it may have been damaged and it really worries me because if she had stds then im at huge risk as she told me after she used to work in the adult industry. after intercourse i removed the protection and lied down that's when my genitals touched the area that was wet in my lower body which i suspect is vaginal secretion.Obviously after a couple of minutes i had a shower. As far as i know Stds can be transmitted through vaginal secretion. Could you please tell me what are the chances of getting stds by what i have explained if she was infected?
Also do i need to worry this much or am i overreacting?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

If you had used condoms properly, then your risk of STDs would be very low.

It is wrong to assume that all women are promiscuous and they are infected with sexually transmitted infections. Even sex workers who observe all precautions can be free from STDs.

If you have been sexually active with a woman whom you know well, and is not sexually promiscuous, then it is likely that she is free from STDs.

STDs are associated with people who have a promiscuous and highly risky sexual behavior.

Examples of high-risk sexual behavior include:

Unprotected intercourse without male or female condom use, except in a long-term, single-partner (monogamous) relationship.
Unprotected mouth-to-genital contact, except in a long-term monogamous relationship.
Early sexual activity, especially before age 18.
Having multiple sex partners.
Having a high-risk partner (one who has multiple sex partners or other risk factors).
Having anal sex or a partner who does, except in a long-term, single-partner (monogamous) relationship.
Having sex with a partner who injects or has ever injected drugs.
Exchange of sex (sex work) for drugs or money.

Such Risky Sexual behavior can can predispose you to sexuallly transmitted infections which can include HIV, Hepatitis C, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, syphilis, Herpes, etc. Hence all people should refrain from such Risky sexual Behavior.

The most common symptoms of STDs include - Itchiness, sores, and unusual discharge coming from the genitals.

If you think that you have symptoms and might be at risk of STDs, you can seek proper tests. Testing for STDs is generally done via a panel of tests including tests for chlamydia, gonorrhea, oral herpes, genital herpes, HIV-1, HIV-2, hepatitis A, B, & C, and syphilis.

Tests for Gonorrhea , chlamydia give highly accurate results after 4 weeks of exposure.

Tests for Hepatitis A - highest accuracy after 8 weeks.

Tests for Hepatitis B , hepatitis C, Syphilis and HIV - give highly accurate results after 12 weeks.

It would be best that you consult a STD clinic and seek proper counselling and appropriate tests to clear your mind.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.