Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

she tells me she has 2 sores now and it hurts?

User Profile
hello, my gf complained of burning and throbbing just 5-6 hours after sex. it's been a week now and today she tells me she has 2 sores now and it hurts. prior to hear i had only been with one person and that was 8 months before me and my current gf had sex and i was protected then. before then it had been nearly 3 years since i had last had intercourse with anyone. my gf has no insurance at all. i go to our health dept. tomorrow but i'm trying to get answers now. i do not have any issues at with my penis so, this is freaking me out big time! please help!!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A28769
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that she describes could suggest possibility of vaginal infection or vaginal/vulval injury. Other possibilities include allergy to condom or spermicide (if condom or spermicide gel was used), allergy to seminal fluid proteins etc. If symptoms have persisted, she should consider visiting her doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause and get started on appropriate treatment (as indicated by examination findings and investigation results). Warm Sitz baths might help in soothing her symptoms. She should avoid vaginal douching, use of any chemicals or harsh soap in the area. If infective cause is detected, you should also get treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection. Avoid unprotected intercourse.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.