First, my mom never hits me. My brother and I got into a fight at McDonald's—we threw ketchup on each other. I'm older (I'm 15), he is 13. I got some ketchup on a woman's clothes and my mom had to reimburse her for the damage.

My mom freaked out on me, she told me I was an immature baby and my brother too—in front of people in McDonald's. Leaving McDonald's, she told us that she should get us some pacifiers and some pampers and a playpen. People were looking at me, as if she were right. she embarrassed me for no reason.

She took away my XBox cell and i pod. I can't go out on weekends now. On the car ride home she was yelling at us, telling us when she goes to Walmart, she should buy us a crib and stuff.

Can I turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? Isn't it slander or something saying lies about someone? Saying I need those things and making me look bad in public? For the record, my brother started it. It's not fair she took away my stuff and I can't go out now. she is overeacting over this please help with adivce. I KNOW I MADE A MISTAKE. i just want her to chill out and be cool and dont treat me like im 2 years old.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2014
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Well, am sure your mother meant no harm, she was just not in her best mood because of the public embarrassment caused by the fight and also because she had to reimburse the woman for the damage.

What ever be the cause of the fight, let this be an incident both for you and your brother to realize that you need to maintain some dignity and behavior in public. If you do not want to be offended in public then please try and not offend others.

I am sure if you and your brother will apologize to her and show remorse, she will also realize she was wrong in abusing you and things will be back on track. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Parenting Community , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.