Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

she is bipolar and we are pregnant

User Profile
Ok, we have been together two years, she is bipolar with manic downs...i feel not good enough most of the time, but i hear that comes with the territory and she, when not on a down assures me im the most amazing man ever...she has a two carat diampnd saying i feel the same...she has not been on meds for years...she had an appoitment this month to start back up but we are now expecting...does anyone know how her pregnancy will affect her, im worried about her...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper theoasis77
|

replied October 13th, 2013
I feel sorry for you, this will be a hard time for you for the rest of your life. Keep an eye on her, when they are off meds... Anything goes, it won't make sense in your mind but it will in there's. From killing themselves, killing the child, leaving you even though you are near perfection... anything goes. You have a hard time a head. Good Luck, I'm glad I'm out of this craziness life is too short.
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2013
Thats the worry for me is her...she hasnt bren on her meds for four years or so, so im not too worried about her leaving, but with the hormonal changes from being pregnant im worried that her depressed moments will be more intense and believe.me they were already quite intense to begin with...if she carries to term, the six weeks following while her hormones return to normal will be insanoty....she will be medicated then for sure but all these changes for her worries me
|