After going with my girlfriend for five years, she told me she'd had herpes for the past twenty years. We never used condoms and I had no idea she was infected. She claimed that her doctor had told her she was only contagious when she had symptoms. She said she thought she had it under control. Yes, I feel completely stupid, but also completely used.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 27th, 2008
umm.
there are three different types of herpes - and only two are a a pain in the butt - which one does she have?
|

replied February 11th, 2011
Depends on how you feel about her, do you still love her and want to be with her.... At least she told you so give her some respect. If you need some time to think about it let her know, but don't be afraid to talk to her about how you feel. If she has been honest about every thing else then maybe you can work things out. It can be very hard to tell people things like that, specially if you're in love with some one. Maybe she was waiting for the right time to tell you or just didn't have the courage to tell you earlier because she was scared of how you would react. My friend with herpes are afraid to tell his partners because he fears they will be rejected. He joined herpes dating site for support and love.
Some people can carry the virus with out having symptoms or have the occasional break out, but they still have the virus in their body no matter if they have break outs or not. You may want to get tested too just so you know your own status.
You should also know some people manage not to get herpes from their partners. It's not going to be passed onto every one she has sex with. If she is taking antiviral medication regularly and avoiding sex when she has any signs of a break out then you don't have a big chance of getting it.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....