Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

She doesn't want to tell anyone

User Profile
I have a friend that has not been eating for the past 3/4 months and then more recently (last month) she has been making herself sick, although she has kind of stopped that now. She has been trying to start eating again but she is complaining of really bad stomach pains and I wondered if it was a stomach ulcer or something similar as I know you can get them from not eating and also she has been under enormous stress lately as she has moved schools and both of her grandparents are gravely ill. She doesn't want to tell anyone apart from the few friends she has told because she thinks she will be able to get better without needed to tell anyone. We are going back to school soon and I think I am going to tell someone but first I wanted to know whether there was any way of knowing whether she had an ulcer without going to the doctor. she is 13 by the way
Thank you very much

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2016
Eating Disorders Answer A55540
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Eating is what all human beings do. Its over eating or binge eating which needs management. Take your friend to a psychiatrist if you feel like she has been binge eating.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.