I am a 16 year old female and I am not sexually active in any way nor ever have been. Recently, more specifically since this morning, I have experiencing an unpleasant pain when urinating, the urine is of a faint red colour which I'm asuming is traces of blood and I feel as if, each time I go to the bathtoom I have not emptied my bladder completely, thus making me feel the need to go to the bathroom far more frequent than usual. I have never come across this type of problem before. Especially being someone who worries about the slightest change, I would appriciate it if someone could explain/suggest the reason for this problem of mine.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
SeekingAdvice118,

Sounds like you have an UTI (urinary tract infection). Females are more susceptible to these than males, because of the short urethra leading from the outside to the bladder.

Frequency (going to the bathroom a lot), urgency (a feeling of having to go, but can't), and pain with urination are all signs of an UTI.

You should see your primary care physician. You may need a short course of antibiotics.

Good luck.
|
Users who thank Gaelic for this post: SeekingAdvice118 

replied July 1st, 2012
Thank you Gaelic.
|
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....