Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

sharp and throbbing pain from ovaries and pelvic area

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I am a little concerned about what is going on with my body and would like some advice. I am very blaoted and have been for several weeks. I always seem full even when eating very little. I have pain in the pelvis area, sharp and throbbing pain which seems to come from both ovaries. Lower pack pain. Very painful periods for the last 6 months, the last one was so painful that I passed out with the pain. Never experienced painful periods before, they used to last no more than 3 days and now very heavy for 10 days plus. Pain and numbness in my leg and groin area. Frequent urination and sudden urge to go. Constipation and just the last week excessive burping. Most of these problems have started in the last 6 months. I am 41 and have PCOS which has caused me no symptoms in the last 20 years. I have 2 children through IVF and am not pregnant now. My mother and grandmother have had breast cancer. I am right to be worried about Ovarian cancer. Thanks for any info you may be able to give

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A19295
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

The symptoms can be due to PCOD, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease or due to a STD. Though all these can cause bloating along with painful periods, the bloating can also be due to Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/ IBS/Crohn’s disease, H pylori infection, diabetes, food intolerance, malabsorption syndromes, constipation, gallbladder and liver problems, pancreatic dysfunction, or taking a diet rich in sulfites.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist once. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.