User Profile
I was diagnosed with Chlamydia after unprotected vaginal sex and I am under treatment of Doxybene 200mg per day for 10 days. I already feel better around the genitals and I still have 4 days to complete treatment. My question is if the particular treatment is guaranteeing me that I will be cured. I've read that it will take some days to be cured after treatment. Main reason I ask is that there is a possibility to have sex again (of course protected) in 20 days and I don't know if it will be risky and I don't know if it is a good idea for unprotected oral sex.

To sum it up: Is it safe to have oral sex and protected vaginal sex after this particular treatment and the time that passed from the treatment until the day?

Thank you in advance

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2019
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A64887
Thanks for your question.
Chlamydia can not be transmitted by oral sex and thus,that is safe.
Secondly,after treatment chlamydia gets cured provided the treatment course is a complete one but With treatment, the infection should need a time to clear up in about a week or two.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further problems, please do not hesitate to go to the doctor.
Wishing you all the best.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.