User Profile
Hi I was diagnosed with late latent syphilis of unknown duration in October of 2017 after being tested and having an RPR titre of 1:16. I didn't have any symptoms before that and I don't know how long I might have been infected. I was treated with 3 shots of bicillin and told to get tested again in a month. Next test RPR titre was 1:16 and I was told since it was already low as long as it didn't increase then treatment was assumed to be successful. About a month ago my pinky toe went numb from what I assumed were tight fitting sneakers I wore for a weekend. Looking up conditions for numb toes I found that neurosyphilis was one potential cause. Within a day or two after that I noticed a tingling prickly feeling in my feet that comes and goes and now I am freaking out. Full disclosure, I am a bit of a hypochondriac and was already getting anxious when I first noticed my numb toe. Should I be concerned about possible neurosyphilis? Or assume its just anxiety

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2019
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A64814
Hello.
Welcome to this forum.
Don't worry. Neuro syphilis is not a cause here. You might have a syphilis but it is latent and is under treatment. The chance of getting neurosyphilis is rare here or almost impossible. Neurosyphilis is almost vanished now a days and only can be found in untreated active undernourished syphilitic patients.
Hope I can address your query. Please visit your doctor if there is any further confusion as without a clinical examination it is not possible to opine through an online medical forum.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.