Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Sexually active looking for birth control

hello every-one and doc,
have a simple question.

i am 31 year old and have 2 kids, and sexually active.
i looking for birth control and a way to discontinue my monthly due to them being very intensively heavy and painful. you see, i had 2 cva's therefore i can not take any and everything. any suggestions.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2009
Please don't write in all caps
Have you continued taking the Depo Provera shot? You take a shot every three months and by the third shot your period should have stopped.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 18th, 2009
I would not personally recommend the shot. Check out something called "Her Option" online and see what you learn. Just google it. There are doctors and specialists who use this to aid in heavy periods. Also, sometimes heavy periods can be due to durmoids/fibroid cysts which are common in women who have been pregnant (especially if you have bad abdominal pain). Just a thought!
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...