Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Sexual Health - Women Question

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have been married for 6 months. Before we got married, my husband and I had an excellent sex life. Now, we barely have one at all. I find him very attractive, but no matter what we do I can't seem to get aroused, which makes it painful to have sex. I don't know what to do and its damaging our relationship. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A9940

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. I can understand the pain and agony you’re going through. Prolonging the foreplay should definitely help you. It tends to ensure a good production of vaginal juices which ply a very important role as a lubricant and this facilitates a painless sexual intercourse. Stimulation of the clitoris also facilitates production of vaginal juices. You can always ask your partner to do it for you and this should definitely help. One needs to have a regular sexual relationship for a good personal relationship. You can also use water based lubricants. If the symptoms persist then please consult a gynecologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.