Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Sex with schozophrenic husband ?

He has Schizophrenia bio polar and ocd. We made love for 3 weeks after marriage then he said the voices told him no every time we got on our marriage bed together. Now he just want to mastubate on me. I want to engage in lovemaking. Are there steps?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper marriage101
|

replied August 31st, 2009
Marriage 101....listen carefully....Get your husband some help. Does he take medication? Does he take it regularly? Please make sure that he does. You and I both know that it is not normal for your husband to have sex with you in that kind of way. Married couples have INTERCOURSE...it is not fair to you to engage in this kind of sex....he is getting all the pleasure. Again, make sure, make CERTAIN, he takes medicine for schizophrenia. Don't give in to the voices in his head.
You need also to talk to him when you and he are just sitting around having dinner, and not in a sexual situation. Ask him why he thinks that the voices are telling him not to have " normal " sex,and see what he says. Ask him how do you think it makes you feel? Ask him will he be listening to the voices in his head all your married life, and just settle for him masturbating on you ? Good LUck
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2009
Supporter
i agree! medication and therapy!
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Hmm. I have schizo-affective and I live with my boyfriend. We've been together for 6 years and have been having sex the whole time. It's kind of hard to really enjoy it sometimes! Mainly because I want to be thin... But sometimes bad feelings can get in the way! Like sometimes I'm really obsessed with celibacy. This is because I've experienced such horrible things that I want to please God etc. But I think I need my boyfriend.. And also my doctors and people I can talk to. Having a boyfriend is a part of life. And so is sex I guess!
You could try going to one of his counseling sessions and asking questions.
|

replied October 30th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
You should just try and not have sex ever again, including masterbation.

It will be good for you.
|

User Profile
Supporter
a married couple have a right to have sex, it was made to be a gift to be enjoyed!
|
Users who thank starship33 for this post: homerx 

User Profile
Experienced User
oh ya celibacy will probably sort things out
|

User Profile
Supporter
i hope your joking!
i would be frustrated if my husband didnt want to make love to me. celibacy is for single people not married people. in a marriage his body belongs to her and vise versa, their duties is to please each other.
i would be upset if my husband just wants to spill his seeds on my stomach. gross!!!!!
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
You are calling sex a right? Thats quite strange.
I suppose it's your right.

Have all the sex you like I suppose.

It just isn't all it's cracked up to be, thats all, it's massivily overrated really, not much else to do I suppose though, I guess when your trying to make a life out of a barren boring and bloody wasteland you would do it often.

I can't understand why people like it so much.

And I wonder why these voices are against it so much, mine are also.

P.s. service u, prepare to be frustrated.
|

User Profile
Supporter
i m speaking of what it says in the bible, a women suppose to please her husband and a husband suppose to please his wife.
so this guy isnt pleasing his wife, this is when a lot of ugly things can happen. for example the wife my get frustrated and cheat.
this is why the world is so corrupt because no one follows the bible, or knows what is in the book.
sex can be amazing if it's with the right person, and since you dont think so i m sorry you dont know of such pleasure.
those voices could be demonic trying to destroy marriages. i m not going to get frustrated i love a good debate.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
God instituted marriage and the Bible says" Marriage is honorable, and the bed is undefiled.-------------------If a man don't want to have sex with a woman he should never get married! Marriage is normal with sex between husband and wife! If a man don't want to have sex or if he is not phyically able to have sex, then he shouldn't marry a woman only to torment her life! If she can't get sex from him, then she is forced to get it else where! That's all I have to say!!!!
|

replied September 20th, 2010
My boyfriend and I are getting married asap. He is a schitzophrenic. I know for a fact that he gets aroused just kissing and touching. I cant wait for us to share a bed. I also wondered if he might start laughing in the middle of lovemaking. I surpose everything is possible. It annoys me why other people think that schitzophrenics dont deserve a married and normal life. If you love the man ,you marry in sickness and in health!
|

replied September 20th, 2010
hey im sorry that ur husband doesn't want to have sex with u cause of the voices. ive been on meds for over 3 years, and while my episodes have been in remission, ive never felt like myself.

i dont kno if ur husband is on meds or not, but regardless of that its obvious that hes still pretty sick if he hears voices telling him not to have sex with his wife.

up untill a few months ago (june to be exact) ive only been on meds. but i stumbled upon two things, that me and everyone that knows me think has been a huge blessing for me being a schizophrenic.

1. a book called prescription for nutritional healing. it recomends all kinds of supplements for schizophrenia. u have no idea what kind of differnce a few vitamins and other supplements can have on a person with a disease. this book under the section for schizophrenia says that phychiatrists found a link between schizophrenia and pellegra, a vitamin b3 (niacin) defficiency disease. they treat their patients using several grams of niacinamide daily.

this was interesting to me, so i google "niacin schizophrenia" and one of the first things to come up was a dr abram hoffer. so i saw his book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments." which is the second thing i stumbled on.

the recomendations in the book "prescription for nutritional healing" were great. they made me feel a little better. but looking back i was still very sick. it was until i added the vitamins Dr. Abram Hoffer recomended in his book that i truly began getting well.

and not only did i notice that i was getting well, so did my dad (who i live with). and so did my phychiatrist, because a few months into this new supplement regimine i felt so good i asked if we could reduce the meds, and he agreed.

so before... for YEARS i was taking 2 depakote 500 mg pills b4 bed, and 1 60 mg pill b4 bed. starting tomorrow night ill be taking 1 40 mg geodon b4 bed, and 1 500 mg depakote b4 bed. which is a huge reduction. 33% for the geodon and 50% for the depakote.

if u want ur husband to really get well, the way im getting well now. u should really look into these 2 books.

heres an idea of the supplements i take and why

timed release multivitamin, high in b complex, vitamin c, and selenium. -- a proper balance of vitamins & minerals is needed for proper brain function

organic flax seed oil - high in omega's 3,6, and 9 which are good for brain health

fish oil - high in omega 3 DHA and EPA good for brain health

Ester-C - recomended by Dr. Abram Hoffer that you take 3-10 grams of vitamin c daily

and heres the vitamin that really sealed the deal for me and made me get better. i was taking all those supplements listed above (and more) and still wasnt really getting better.

Niacin - 1,000 mg 3x daily. 2 500 mg pills at each meal, breakfast lunch and dinner.

but really, dont take my word for it. google search "niacin schizophrenia hoffer." Then do urself and ur husband a favor and get that book.. "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments," by Dr. Abram Hoffer Ph.D
|
Tags: sex, ocd
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....