Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

sex 7 days before but its bleeding till today?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I had sex 7 days before but its bleeding till today. It sometimes bleed more and sometime less with some sort of pain. What should i do?? I don't want to visit doctor. Is there any treatment that i can do at my home. If there is some medicine that can stop bleeding then suggest me i will take it.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2012
Sexual Health - Women Answer A31627
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If it was your first time sexual encounter, the bleeding could be attributed to hymen rupture which should have subsided within 48-72 hours. If the bleeding has been persistent, then it could suggest possibility of internal injury, vaginal or cervical tear, infective causes, hormonal imbalances etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the symptoms that you describe. Treatment as indicated (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the bleeding and regulate your periods. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.